Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Philosophy of Nails

The truth is, if I had anything better to add to this impossibly large forum of ideas and experiences, I wouldn't have formed my 'blog' around manicures. But, since the chances of my ideas making even the smallest impact in this salon of the Internet are small, I'll choose to please myself instead of any faceless masses waiting in anticipation around the galactic corner.
I like pretty things, shiny things and good things. I love that coat of beauty for what it is and so I enjoy a good bottle of OPI, Essie or China Glaze, depending on the season. And I love the people who put these pretty things on their fingers and toes.....I think it just makes the world a slightly prettier place.
And even though manicures don't last, the good feeling they give you does.
In my opinion.

2 comments:

Johnsons said...

I'm going to make sure I don't bite my nails before you come visit. That way I can ask for a manacure with the fabulous colors you gave me for Christmas.

Carrie said...

Whoo! Erin has a blog! I'm so excited!