Wednesday, March 21, 2007

When smudges happen....

Sometimes everything works. Sometimes you put on your color, your topcoat and it all drys without a hitch, then you have beautiful nails. Then again, sometimes smudges happen. OH! It's so frustrating! It seems like they come out of nowhere.....everything is going well but then you look and !yeaarrghff! another one! What did I do to deserve that? It's like when you have a big day planned, with lots of important things to do and one of your children wakes up in the middle of the night before said important day, tossing cookies. With no warning.....no stomach ache in the evening, nothing.
Major smudge.
Of course, it's not enough to make me stop doing my nails, nosir. I'm not gonna let this little problem ruin the rest of my life. Especially if the child with the ickys was the one in the crib. Oh the glories and wonders of plastic topped mattresses......things just wipe off. So, I'm glad about that. And if the polish is still wet enough to smudge, then it's gonna come off really easy for an easy restart.
Smudges happen. The resilient colorist starts over and moves on. Why? Because great nails are worth it.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

It's good to know that you can start over while the polish is still wet. When I get smudges, it seems like the polish just smears around when I put the remover on it. but that could be because I use cheap nail polish.

All the same, it's good to know you can just start over.

Mz Manicure said...

When you're taking off polish (any brand, wet or dry) it comes off best if you're using an acetone remover and cotton ball. A REAL cotton ball, not the fake ones. Cotton just works the best. (if you're not willing to pay for the uber-nice specialty removing pads, which I'm not) Hold the cotton ball (with remover on it) on top of the nail you need to fix and spin the nail back and forth about 180 degrees while holding the cotton ball still with your other hand. Most of (if not all) the polish should come off this way, then just swipe at any remainders.

Carrie said...

"Hold the cotton ball (with remover on it) on top of the nail you need to fix and spin the nail back and forth about 180 degrees..."

I usually do my color on my toes, so I wasn't imagining finger nail, and I had this really weird visual of feet dancing in circles under a cottonball. Then I realized what you meant.