Alrighty everyone. It has come to my attention that some of us don't know what "PvP" means. Following is a short explanation.
WARNING: This is the confession of a self-aknowledged geek.
In case any of you have not heard, there is an online game called World of Warcraft. Also, in case any of you have not heard Phil and I play this game together on a regular basis (it's cheaper than golfing together and we don't have to get a babysitter).
There are two basic elements to this game, World play and PvP. World play involves questing, fighting computer controlled monsters and gathering resources from the world to make into nifty things.
PvP means 'Player vs Player' and is the second major part of this game. It involves fighting other real people who are members of the opposing faction. You can do this in the world area or in separate areas called "battlegrounds" which are made specifically for this function.
I really like this aspect of the game because it adds an extreme element of unpredictability. Literally, you NEVER know what another player is going to decide to do. It's exciting and rewarding, for me, anyway.
And like I said, Phil and I can do this together after the girls go down for the night and no babysitter is required. I can even paint my nails during some of the downtime in the game. It's great.
I LOVE this game. :)
Well, there ya go. Any further questions can be directed to my lawyer, Cairne Bloodhoof.
2 comments:
Okay, I figured that that's what it was after I asked the question, but it is good to have a real explanation. World of Warcraft mst be a little different than the game Brian used to play.
Now that I know what it is, I think PvPing is a great way to spend time with your husband after the kids are in bed.
I will soon be to join the ranks of WOWers and PvPers beware for thus far what I have played on a comrades account I stinketh but shall soon rise to the greatness and shall slaughter all who foolishly stand in my way. MWAH HAHAHAHA
Post a Comment