Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Dotticure with Purple and Neon Orange

This is an easy dotticure inspired by the hoodie of a little girl in my Sunday School class. I swear my cuticles were in better shape before I took these pictures.
To start, I used two coats of OPI Pamplona Purple, a medium purple cream. It's actually warmer than I wanted but when I added the dots using a dotting tool and Flip Flop Fantasy, it ended up as grape-y as I originally planned.
Flip Flop Fantasy is fabulously opaque and incredibly loud. On it's own it dries slightly matte, but a layer of HK Girl topcoat took care of that. Over the purple it looks more peachy than in the bottle. In the bottle it's very very neon neon orange orange. Plus two.

 
For next time, I think I'll do a little more cuticle grooming before I take pictures. And work on dot size uniformity. Dot Size Uniformity is my new band name.

No comments: